First things first. I must apologize to PenniD and 2centsworth, for agreeing to this challenge and then making them wait days for delivery. What can I say? I'm a flake. A very private flake.
The first rule is to post the rules. So here they are:
1. Post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. tag your article as meta; 8 things and Uncheck ALL OF NEWSVINE.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to post it here...
So much for the rules. Here's the good stuff. I hope I'm not too much of a disappointment.
1. Books, music, laughter, pasta.
I don't care what Science says. These are the four essential elements for a happy life.
2. I love going places and doing things by myself.
Walking into a strange place alone, not knowing what to expect, is a secret thrill.
3. "Sometimes the Magic works, and sometimes it doesn't."
4. I've only been seriously, truly, deeply in love once in my life, and she doesn't know it.
5. I love people. They're so....... weird.
6. My life has turned out to be nothing at all like I had hoped it to be, when I was a youngster.
But I'd do it all again, just the same.
7. I can daydream for hours.
I'm very comfortable inside my own head. Even the darkest little recesses are an endless source of
fascination. Sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable, but it's always entertaining.
8. The most profound influence of my childhood, maybe even more than my parents, was Fractured Fairytales
from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.
I suppose I could add a lot more to this, but I feel like I've said too much already.